The Global Fund for Women supports women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls.
Women Human Rights Grants support and strengthen women’s right groups based outside the United States by providing small, flexible, and timely grants ranging from $500 to $20,000 for operating and program expenses.
Global Fund for Women values local expertise and believe that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change.
Who the Global Fund supports
- Groups of women working together.
- Organizations that demonstrate a clear commitment to women’s
- equality and women’s human rights.
- Organizations that are governed and directed by women.
- Organizations based outside of the United States.
Who the Global Fund does NOT support
- Individuals and Scholarships
- Organizations that do not have a women’s human rights focus.
- Organizations headed or managed by men.
- Organizations whose sole activities are income-generation and/or charity.
- Organizations based or working primarily in the United States.
- Organizations in the Global North proposing partnerships in the Global South.
- Government entities, political parties or election campaigns.
Contacts: Global Fund for Women, 1375 Sutter Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, 94109, USA. Phone: (CA 415) 202-7640. Fax: (415) 202-8604. Email: ssafrica[at]globalfundforwomen.org
More information see; Women Human Rights Grants