Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable international students.
Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected foreign doctoral students under specific research projects.
The students pursue the doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA).
Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
Scholarship recipient must work as a research assistant under the specific research project.
Scholarship recipient must report his/her study and research achievements to the dean of the graduate school of engineering at the end of each semester.
The submitted reports will be evaluated.
- Receive up to 1,200, 000 yen per year for working as a research assistant.
- Exemption from 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen (per year) tuition fee.
- Receive 200,000 yen for travel and initial living costs (given only to applicants who are living outside Japan at the time of application).
- To have or to be expected to acquire a master’s degree before enrollment.
- To have intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work as a research assistant under the one of research projects.
- To have an excellent academic record.
- To have a high English proficiency.
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
- To have other than Japanese nationality.
Deadline: 30th September.
For more information and application, visit: Special Scholarship Program Website