African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI) awards fellowships to sub-Saharan African nationals for studies outside the applicants’ home countries every year.
Application deadline is usually end of may every year.
To qualify for fellowship, the applicant must be below 36 years of age and possess a good bachelors degree (at least 2nd class upper division).
The fellowship will cover;
- Fellowships, which cover fees, subsistence and international travel, are awarded only for postgraduate studies (M.Sc. or Ph.D) at ANSTI institutions (see below) for staff development.
- Fellowships are awarded to sub-Saharan African nationals for studies outside the applicants’ home countries.
- Applicants must hold a good bachelors degree (at least 2nd class upper division) and be not older than 36 years.
- The initial award of the fellowships covers one year. Extension is possible up to two years for Masters courses or more for Ph.D studies upon successful completion of previous year.
- Applicants must obtain the official admission to the host university prior to his/her application for the fellowship.
Conditions of the Award:
Eligible candidate must fulfill the following conditions.
1. Applicant must have a letter of invitation from the African institution he/she intends to visit.
2. For research visit, the host institution must offer space, free use of laboratory and other research facilities. or
3. For teaching visit, the host must offer accommodation and/or allowances.
For more information, please contact: The Coordinator, ANSTI/UNESCO Nairobi Office, P.O. Box 30592 Nairobi, Kenya. Fax: + 254 20 622750 OR + 254 20 622538. E-mail: info [at] ansti.org or joseph.massaquoi [at] unesco.unon.org
For more information see; Post Graduate Fellowships for Sub-Saharan Africa Nationals