The Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme provides scholarship opportunities for students from Africa and South Asia.
The Tullow Group Scholarships Scheme will cover the cost of full tuition fees plus additional expenses including travel.
Students from Ghana, Uganda, Gabon, Cote D’Ivoire, Kenya, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Congo Brazzaville, Mauritania, Suriname and French Guiana are eligible for the scheme, which has been developed by Tullow Oil and is managed by the British Council.
Five to fifty scholarships are available for each of the above countries.
The scholarships aim to help plug the skills gap in sector areas which are of economic importance in these countries, including, but not exclusively, their oil and gas industries.
The scholarships are open to students from the eligible countries undertaking postgraduate degrees in:
- Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
- Engineering (Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering,
- Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation Systems, and Electrical Engineering)
- Agriculture and Agro-based courses
- Environmental and Forestry Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Marine Sciences (Fisheries, aqua-culture)
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Business (Economics, Finance and Management).
- Any other suitable courses relevant to participating countries
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria
- Be a citizen and legally resident in participating country;
- Ideally have a minimum of bachelor degree (second class upper, GPA 2.75 or better) or HND (first class)
- Be resident in participating countries at the time of application;
- Be currently employed with a track record of success in their field of endeavour
- Must not have previously studied abroad or received an international scholarship
- Must have a strong personality as well as ambition, entrepreneurial and creative spirit and leadership skills;
- Must demonstrate commitment to return to country and make a contribution to the future development of the country; and
- Must demonstrate a high level of competence in management, strategy and ability to train and develop others
Application deadline: Varies from country to country but usually February – April (Annual).
For more information, contacts and application materials, see; Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme – UK University Scholarships.