The Embassy of Belgium in Dar es Salaam and BTC in collaboration with the Presidents’ Office, Public Service Management in Tanzania, announce the availability of a limited number of scholarships for PhD and Masters Studies in Belgium. For PhD studies:
- Applicants must have a Tanzanian nationality and be no more than 40 years of age on 1st March, have a Masters degree in a field of study to the one for which a scholarship is being requested, he/she must have completed at least two years of relevant working experience as a researcher in a university or research center in Tanzania.
- The requested PhD-research must be in line with the priority sectors (Basic Health Care, Education, HIV/AIDS Care and Prevention, Agriculture and Food Security, Public Administration, Justice, Environment and Water Management) which foster the realization of the Tanzania Vision and MKUKUTA.
- A precise program for the research, adjustable to its requirements must be joined and should contain at least:
1. The definition of the topic.
2. The identification and official approval of the promoters in Belgium and in Tanzania.
3. A timetable of its implementation.
For Master studies:
- Applicants must have the Tanzanian nationality and be no more than 35 years of age on 1st May, have a relevant Bachelor degree (often 4 years is required by Belgian Universities).
- The requested study must be related to the professional activity of the applicant and he/she must have at least two years of relevant working experience.
- The requested course must be in line with the priority sectors (Basic Health Care, Education, HIV/AIDS Care and Prevention, Agriculture and Food Security, Public Administration, Justice, Environment and Water Management) which foster the realization of the Tanzania Vision and MKUKUTA.
The University in Belgium must officially approve all applicants prior to submission of the scholarship request.
Both applications are open to people from public, and private sector as well as civil society.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants need to have the written approval of their employers.
Completed and signed application forms have to be submitted with certified true copies of all educational certificates.
For More Information and Application Materials, Visit: PhD and Masters Scholarships in Belgium