The University of London International Programmes is awarding up to five full scholarships to study for a Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) by distance learning in Uganda.
They are looking for outstanding students who have the academic ability and desire to study law, but may struggle to fund their studies without a scholarship.
They want to find people who will use the opportunities created by a University of London law degree to make a difference to their own lives and to Ugandan society.
LLB Minimum Entry Requirements:
All scholarship applicants have to meet our minimum entry requirements for the LLB degree:
- Two passes at GCSE A level at Grade E or above
- OR Two passes in the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) at Grade D or above
- OR Two passes at the University of Cambridge International Examinations, A Level at Grade E or above.
- Three GCSE O levels at Grade C or above in different subjects
- OR passes in three subjects in the Certificate of Education of the Uganda National Examinations Council grades 1–4
- OR three passes at Grade E in the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education.
- A good standard of written and spoken English.
- You will also need to have regular internet access to complete your studies.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit but preference will be given to those who can’t afford to study for a prestigious qualification, or those who have not previously had the opportunity to obtain an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants have to meet our minimum entry requirements for the LLB degree.
- The scholarships are only open to long-term residents of Uganda.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The value is approximately £3,500, assuming you complete your degree in three years.
- The scholarship covers the total registration and examination fees charged by the University of London International Programmes.
- The scholarship is available for the normal period of study plus one year, subject to your continuing satisfactory academic progress, which will be reviewed each August.
Application Deadline; August.
For more information and application materials, see; Bachelor of Laws Scholarships by Distance Learning