The UNICEF Internship Programme offers eligible/qualified students at both Headquarters and country offices the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
- You need to be currently-enrolled graduate or post-graduate student in a field related to UNICEF’s interests. You must be enrolled during the proposed internship period. At this time we do not accept undergraduates.
- You should be fluent in English and one other UNICEF working language i.e. French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese.
- Your academic performance should be excellent, as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Your application for an internship should be supported by your university or related institution. A minimum requirement is a letter from one of your professors supporting your application.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in the field of international development.
- Ability to adapt and work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Has strong commitment to the values and principles of the United Nations and UNICEF’s mission, guiding principles and Convention of the Rights of the Child.
- Additional consideration will be given for any past work experiences. However, please keep in mind that even if you meet these qualifications, there is no guarantee of placement.
In the subject of your e-mail, please write (without using any special characters): New Internship Application
No other subject names will be recognized by the system.
The email address you used to submit your application should be the same as the email address you entered in the application form.
The maximum number of file attachments in your email should be three:
– Filled out application.
– Resume or CV.
– Cover letter, if any.
Please send your applications(all attachments should be in MSWord) to: Internships [at] unicef.org
For more information see: UNICEF Internship Programme