Each year, the MMMF awards grants to women from developing countries engaged in graduate studies in the United States or Canada.
The applicants must be at least 25 years of age, must have demonstrated a commitment to work for the benefit of women and children in the developing world, and must plan to return to their countries within two years of receiving the grant.
The following documents are required and must be mailed together to the MMMF, postmarked no later than February 29:
- Your most recent transcript (available from your college or university Registrar’s Office)
- A copy of your Registration
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Scholarships Grant amount: About US$11,000
For study in: USA and Canada
Must be 25 years and above.
Must be a national of a developing country that is currently eligible to borrow from the World Bank.
Cannot be a U.S. Green Card holder.
- Official estimate of expenses for foreign students as published by your institution. (available from the Foreign Student Advisor or Financial Aid office of your college or university)
- One (1) passport-size photograph.
- Copy of your Visa.
For further details, and application materials, contact: Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund