The Makerere University Academic Registrar, Alfred Masikye Namoah has invited interested Diploma holders to send in their applications for a government sponsored degree. The admissions will be conducted under the Government Sponsorship Scheme and not to exceed 5% of the intake capacity to the University Degree Programmes for the academic year 2019/2020.
Applicants should submit their applications before Thursday 31st January, 2019.
Below are the required qualifications needed from the applicants to the scholarship
- Each applicant should possess at least a Credit or Second Class or equivalent Diploma in a relevant field from a recognised Institution.
- A Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting (or its
- Principal subjects required for admission to Diploma must be passed at Principal or Subsidiary levels.
- Each applicant should also attach a copy of the Birth Certificate to the application form.
- A non refundable application fee of Shs.50,000/ = (Fifty thousand shillings only) plus the Bank Charge should be paid to any Stanbic Bank, dfcu Bank (Makerere Branch), Post Bank, Centenary Bank before collecting the application form from the Admissions Office, Room 315 and 316 Level 3, in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
- Certified copies of Diploma Transcripts (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions must be attached to the application forms.
Candidates with a third or pass diplomas are not eligible for the scholarship.
Below are the programmes that will be covered under the scheme;
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (CHS)
MAM Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery BDS Bachelor of Dental Surgery PHA Bachelor of Pharmacy BMR Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiography BEH Bachelor of Environmental Health Science BSB Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences BBI Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering BYT Bachelor of Cytotechnology NUR Bachelor of Science in Nursing BSL Bachelor of Science in Speech and Language Therapy BPT Bachelor of Optometry
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (CAES) AGR Bachelor of Science in Agriculture FST Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology AGE Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering AGM Bachelor of Agribusiness Management BAM Bachelor of Science in Land Use and Management HOT Bachelor of Science in Horticulture BVS Bachelor of Environmental Science BAR Bachelor of Agricultural and Rural Innovation , BMT Bachelor of Science in Meteorology HUN Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition BOF Bachelor of Science in Forestry BTH Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, DESIGN, ART AND TECHNOLOGY (CEDAT) ARC Bachelor of Architecture LSG Bachelor of Science in Land Surveying and Geomatics ELE Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering CIV Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering MEC Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering STE Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications Engineering SQS Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying SLE Bachelor of Science in Land Economics SCM Bachelor of Science in Construction Management CMP Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering FIN Bachelor of Industrial and Fine Arts
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (COBAMS)
STA Bachelor of Statistics BQE Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Economics BPS Bachelor of Science in Population Studies BBS Bachelor of Science in Business Statistics ECO Bachelor of Arts in Economics DEC Bachelor of Arts in Development Economics COE Bachelor of Commerce ADM Bachelor of Business Administration
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (CHUSS)
MUS Bachelor of Arts in Music BDF Bachelor of Arts in Drama and Film BCO Bachelor of Community Psychology BIP Bachelor of Industrial and Organisational Psychology SOC Bachelor of Social Work and Social Administration
COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES (CONAS)
SCP Bachelor of Science (Physical) SCB Bachelor of Science (Biological)SEC Bachelor of Science (Economics) BIC Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry BFS Bachelor of Science in Fisheries and Aquaculture BSP Bachelor of Sports Science BCB Bachelor of Science in Conservation Biology BPG Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Geo-science and Production BBT Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
COLLEGE OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SCIENCES (COCIS)
CSC Bachelor of Science in Computer Science BSW Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering 1ST Bachelor of Information Systems and Technology LIS Bachelor of Library and Information Science BRA Bachelor of Records and Archives Management
COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE, ANIMAL RESOURCES &. BIOSECURITY (COVAB)
VET Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine WHM Bachelor of Science in Wildlife Health and Management
MLT Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory TechnologyBAP Bachelor of Animal Production Technology and Management
SCHOOL OF LAW (SOL)
LAW Bachelor of Laws
NB: All applicants for Bachelor of Laws will be required to sit and pass the Pre-entry examinations set by Makerere University. The advert for PreEntry exams will come out in March, 2019.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL (MUBS)
COM Bachelor of Commerce BBD Bachelor of Business Administration BIB Bachelor of International Business BLH Bachelor of Leisure and Hospitality Management BES Bachelor of Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management BBC Bachelor of Business Computing BIM Bachelor of Office and Information Management PSM Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
1. HOW TO APPLY
Application will be online using the new AIMS System after getting a pay reference number using the new AIMS System Number but applicants will have to submit certified copies of their Diploma transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to Office 315 and 316, Level 3 Senate Building after payment of application fees.
2. MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
1. Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https://admissions.mak.ac.ug
2. Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme.
6. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
7. Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
(b) Post Bank
(c) Centenary Bank
(d) DFCU Bank
(e) UBA Bank
(i) Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
(ii) Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
(iii) The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
Alfred Masikye Namoah
DATE: 17th December, 2018