Job Title: Travel Consultant
Organisation: FIG Consult Limited (Tour and Travel Company)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Benefits: 850,000 UGX, Health Insurance, etc
FIG Consult Limited is a leading Human Resource Consultancy. They are recruiting on behalf of a valuable client, one of the oldest tour and travel companies with International accreditation.
Job Summary: The Travel Consultant will be responsible for planning, selling, arranging travel Itineraries and bookings for our clients. The Travel Consultant will be tasked with promoting and booking traveling arrangements for clients, formulating tour or holiday packages with the goal of enhancing client satisfaction and growth to our client base.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out research of various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Making and confirming bookings using Amadeus Software.
- The incumbent will diagnose the clients’ specifications, needs and wishes and sale suitable travel packages or services
- Be a liaison point between airlines, hotels, care hire services etc. on behalf of clients
- Record all inquiries and bookings.
- Support clients in finding travel package deals for their needs, included but not limited to accommodation, transfers and air travel
- Ensuring that a minimum of 50% of all enquires are converted into bookings by quick, detailed and accurate response enquiries
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- The jobholder will also supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc)
- Collect deposits and balances (Key account Management)
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
- Create and update electronic records of clients
- Secure new clients and retention through high level of customer service
- Provide alternatives for customer travel
- Focus on Up-selling to increase revenue
- Build and maintain relationships with key persons
- Keep financial statements and documents
- Attain revenue and profit targets
- Inform clearly all customers of terms, conditions and cancellation policy for each booking
- Manage all customer complaints with diplomacy and refer to manager whenever necessary
- The incumbent will book hotels, visas and flights linked to the current booking and ensure all other services are confirmed and meet client’s expectations
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly reports as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an undergraduate degree in business/marketing or a related course.
- The applicant must hold IATA certification
- At least three years of experience in an IATA-accredited agency
- Excellent knowledge of traveling software Amadeus (Mandatory)
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc)
- Commercially aware
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good numerical ability
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good planning skills
- Proven working experience as a travel and tours consultant
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
- Knowledge of computer reservation programs
- Effective Oral and written Communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and pay close attention to detail
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Friendly and flexible
- Ability to relate to people of different cultures and backgrounds
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters (include salary expectation) and updated CVs via email to email@example.com with the subject line quoted as “Travel Consultant.”
Deadline: 2nd November 2018 by 5.00pm