Organisation: Federation of Uganda Employers (FUE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Federation of Uganda Employers (FUE) is a voluntary membership organization established and fully owned by the Employers. It was founded in 1958 as the representative body of all Employers in Uganda. It was registered as an Association in 1960 under the Trustee Incorporation Act. It’s a voice of all Employers on Social and Economic issues. It is an organization that advocates for Employers’ rights.
Job Summary: The Marketing Manager will work closely with (other department heads), providing marketing services for all FUE services, and head the department in ensuring it works efficiently and effectively by providing real time Marketing solutions to all FUE Services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase membership and 99% retention of already existing members annually.
- Develop and communicate strategies to establish partnerships and business relationships to market FUE services.
- Plan Marketing and Branding objectives.
- Visiting regions around the country, to market FUE services, and capacity building for Regional Coordinators.
- Carry out and review market analysis to determine customer needs, pricing and trends.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Business Development Services, Finance, Policy and Research and Legal departments in the development and implementation of strategies, plans and business models.
- Design and implement business solutions, marketing and Branding objectives.
- Estimate demands for proposed projects based on market research and customer trends.
- Support management in dealing with negotiations, bids, contract development acquisitions and budgeting
- Analyze the financial impact of services to new and existing customers.
- Developing and supporting marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Follow market activity to anticipate new trends and capture business opportunities.
- Prepares Weekly and Monthly Reports for the Management.
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organizations;
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the printand electronic media press – local, regional, national and specialist publications.
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials;
- Maintaining and updating customer and member databases;
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions to showcase FUE services;
- Sourcing and securing sponsorships;
- Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies;
- Supporting, Monitoring, and Training Marketing Officers and Regional Coordinators in attaining set
- The Marketing Manager will be tasked with planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns for conferences and exhibitions.
- Understanding the service and customer profile and write thorough specs for each conference/exhibition
- In charge of monitoring ongoing campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur.
- Undertaking detailed ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met
- Understanding of customer and Market segmentation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a university degree preferably in Marketing
- A CIM qualification would be an added advantage
- At least three years of professional experience in Marketing of Services.
- Strong project management/organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Computer literacy skills and familiarity with MS Office programs.
- High level of creativity
NB: This is a re-advertisement so those who applied earlier are encouraged to re-forward their applications to the same E-mail address.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit an applicationletter and an up to date CV ONLY that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the desired position, current and expected salary and contacts of three professional referees by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressing them to The Human Resource Specialist, Federation of Uganda Employers, Plot 1207, Kiwanga Road, Namanve P.O. Box 3820, Kampala. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2017 by 5:00 pm